A perfectly fit ring should not come off easily when you ease it on your finger rather slide smoothly. Your precious ring should be properly sized to minimize the risk of loss and for a comfort use which won’t put too much pressure on your fingers.
To find your ring size precisely you can request Eternate Free Ring Sizer to be delivered to your address with no additional costs.
Or for a quick approximate measure you can pick up a string of paper, pen & ruler.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Take a strip of paper no wider than 1.4 cm (½ inch) to your hand
- Wrap it around the very base of your finger that you are planning to wear the ring
- Use a pen to mark the point where paper forms a complete circle and overlaps
- Measure the distance between your marks in the string of paper with a ruler in mm
- Look at the ring size chart below and pick the closest measurement.
Tips for a more approximate measurement at home:
- Size of your finger changes with temperature. They expand in warm weather and shrink in cold. So don’t measure your fingers when you are cold, they are the smallest at this time. Measure your finger at the very end of day in a warm temperate when it is the largest for a more accurate reading.
- Measure your ring size more than once before your purchase.
- Your left hand and right hand are the same so measure the finger you plan to wear the ring on.
How to learn ring size without her knowing?
You are planning to propose but you have no idea how to learn her ring size? Here are some tips to find a way for your unique wedding proposal.
- The safest way to learn her ring size would be to get the help of her closest friends and family. They may ask her in a different context without making her realize your surprise.
- You may borrow from her jewelry collection and measure it in a couple of minutes if you are sure that she will not notice her rings touched. You need to measure the inside of the ring with the measurement method we give above. Instead of wrapping the string of paper around a finger, you will wrap it inside of the ring.
- While choosing the size, you can consider the standard ring sizes to guide you. Women’s available ring size is between from 3 to 9, and most commonly between sizes 5-7. The most purchased one is size 6. Men’s ring size is between 6 to 13, most commonly purchased men's rings range between size 8 to 10-½. The most purchased size is 9.
What if I order the wrong size?
Do not get stressed over the size of your ring. We as Eternate provide resizing service for our wedding and engagement rings during the first year. Also by our commitment to 100% satisfaction you may return your ring within the first 30-days of its arrival with 100% money-back guarantee.
Do rings change when they are resized?
For resizing, we may need to add or remove small amounts of metal from your ring to give you the best possible fit. After the process your ring may be slightly thicker or thinner but those changes are not visible to naked eye or you cannot feel it on your finger. Our experienced jewelry craftsman will stick to the quality standards we have at Eternate that your resized ring will sparkle and fit best. After the resizing process, your rings get cleaned and polished before the shipment. Don’t worry about your jewelry resizing, here at Eternate we are always by your side to give you the best quality.